Thursday, July 17, 2014

And I will give you REST.

I am writing this on my phone!  How cool is that? So cool, in fact, that I'm still in bed. Why? Because I CAN'T get out of it.

Believe me when I say that treatment for Cushings Syndrome/ Adrenal Fatigue has been successful. However, in choosing natural medicine versus traditional treatment- there are some very specific things that are 100% necessary for healing.   Key treatment steps that I have started to slack on....BECAUSE I felt better. And, in order to continue to feel better, these steps that I MUST follow for the long haul. I have gotten off track.

They A-#1 most beneficial practice, for me,  has been my water consumption. It is SO necessary for me to continually flush my system.  My kidneys NEED this. My whole body NEEDS it.
After my diagnosis and beginning of my treatment,  I purchased a 32 oz. Water cup called the "Bubba". On an average day, I will drink 4-5 Bubba's of water. That's 125-150 ounces of water daily!  Hydration makes me feel great! 

Taking our mini-vacay this past weekend knocked me off my water horse, though. (Not for LACK of water...at a water park!)
I didn't bring Bubba with me, and instead finding a replacement. ..I just skipped the water intake all together. HUGE mistake #1.

The treatment practice that I have been slacking on the most, though? 
Rest.
The one thing that my medical doctor and my eastern and natural practitioners all prescribed was REST. To "take a daily nap." "Know when to say no". "Make it a game with the kids." "Allow yourself your time."
Well....2 months ago when I was feeling downright horrible, this step was EASY!. HOWEVER, once I started to feel better, and the weather got nicer and nicer and the boys wanted to be outside all day and the pool was so refreshing and...and... and...
The naps fizzled....and I stopped taking MY time to rest.

We have been busy...I have been busy...

SO...this morning...I woke up...absolutely fatigued. My whole body feels weighted down. My head is aching, (not to mention a killer ear ache), my eyes just. want.to.close.

Wake up call! (Haha..."wake up")   I NEED to take care of ME in order to take care of my family. SO, as hard as it is going to be today...I NEED to rest. ALL day. It sounds so incredibly crazy to me. I have 3 boys under the age of 6. HOW?
Well...time to get creative. ;-)
PRAY
Ask for help
Coloring books
VeggieTales
Rewards...yes. I am willing to bribe them today. ;-)

This is a perfect day to work deeper in my study of "Abiding" with the Lord. (www.naptimediaries.com)

I do believe that this study came into my life at the PERFECT time.
Isn't it great how God works?  He is So great!  I thank Him for all of His greatness- providing what we need- when we need it.

** check out my instagram throughout the day for photos of our "Day of Rest" activities. @daniteeple

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

{ beBlessed } and have a GREAT day

No comments:

Post a Comment