Monday, September 1, 2014

A little peek into what September will bring...

It is 10:15 pm and I am writing this post on my Galaxy. Cool? Yes. Ideal? No.
My laptop crashed...hard. I had copies to make for tomorrow's lessons and no patience to deal with electronics.
BUT...I didn't want to start September off poorly!  Thus...the smartphone blogger.

I usually begin each month with my favorite things. That beautiful, wonderful, LONG list is perfectly composed and formatted on my computer. ..pictures and all! Hopefully, I will fix whatever ails the silly machine and have that post live by tomorrow afternoon. :-)

So, for tonight, I want to give a sneak peek into my theme for this month.

The month of September is:
National Apple Month. (Tres importante) ;-)

Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (Tres TRES importante)

I have been working with the 'Be The Match' organization, raising awareness and recruiting people to register with the organization....Hey! You could save a life! (Contact me via email if you would like to be added to the registry! )

Childhood Cancer sucks. ( well...ALL cancer sucks) "Be The Match" and a registered bone marrow donor could eradicate that sucky cancer from a child's body. This donor could SAVE A LIFE.

Not everyone is a life saving hero. ..I get that. BUT, wouldn't it be awesome if we challenged ourselves to celebrate LIFE, in general,  this month?

So many of my friends are GIVING life.
My husband is in the wings ready to SAVE a life -via marrow donation.
A client of mine is ready to CHANGE her life.
My goal for this month is to SPEAK life.

Every day.

Speak life over my children. My husband. My family.  My friends. You.

"The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit."   Proverbs 18:21

"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." 
Isaiah 55:11

Toby Mac has an awesome song titled "Speak Life". This is the chorus:

So speak Life, speak Life.
To the deadest darkest night.
Speak life, speak Life.
When the sun wont shine and you dont know why.
Look into the eyes of the brokenhearted;
Watch them come alive as soon as you speak hope,
You speak love, you speak speak speak...
You speak Life,(oh oh oh oh oh oh) You speak Life. (oh oh oh oh oh )

SO...this is ny challenge to YOU. This month...SPEAK LIFE. To everyone you encounter.  Your family, friends, foes and strangers. No matter what the relationship, no matter what the circumstance...SPEAK LIFE.

I won't lie and tell you that in doing this is going to be easy and you are going to feel warm and fuzzy and pink unicorns will carry you off into the sunset. It is going to be HARD. I know that today,  myself, I had ugly thoughts towards someone. U-G-L-Y thoughts.  But...After blurting my frustration...I regrouped my thoughts and prayed for this person.  Asking God to help his heart- and to help me dismiss my negative feelings about him.  (My prayer hasn't been answered yet...but, hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.)

I promise you this. You will get 100% honesty from me throughout my journey this month. And, in carrying out this challenge- I KNOW you will feel closer to God and learn TONS about yourself.

Join me?

{BeBlessed} and have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment