Saturday, February 1, 2014

A day in the life... of organizing a day in the CRAZY life of us.

So, like I have said before.  I'm not one to follow a rigid structure, I AM one who LOVES to plan. Seriously, at any given time, I may have 3 or 4 day-planners in the works, my phone calendar, lesson planners and other ridiculous do-hickies that are supposed to "give me a well-planned serene life"  HAHAHAHA. (nothing will fit that bill...but a bit of Jesus, will soften the hardships)
Anyway, throughout my DAY PLANNER JOURNEY...I do believe that I have found the mecca of both the personal/family planner as well as the homeschool/lesson planner.
I came across this lady named Erin Condren a couple of years ago. Super cool, busy mom and took organzing the life of "hands on parenting" with her design of the LIFE PLANNER. I ADORE this planner.  It has it all!  (I have used this brand of planner for the last 2.5 years.  THIS is a huge accomplishment for one who has a small addiction to planners) It has a month view followed by the weekly plan.
Displaying 20140201_101105.jpgDisplaying 20140201_101111.jpg
It has a very large section in the back with pretty lined pages, as well as blank pages.
Displaying 20140201_101355.jpgDisplaying 20140201_101342.jpg
sections for contacts (I won't share those photos for the privacy of others), the stickers you see are all included, but the BEST part of this planner is that you can FULLY PERSONALIZE the cover!  It is made of hard, durable plastic.  Spiral bound with the GOOD heavy duty spiral and for $2 more you can purchase the "pen loop" so that you have a pen with you at all times.
I chose to have my cover printed with Proverbs 31:25-31.  This is my "life verse" [future blog about this later] Every time I look to my calendar (which is a gazillion times each day) I see my verse, read my verse and pray my verse. But last year, I had a simple cover with just my name.
Displaying 20140201_102410.jpgDisplaying 20140201_102522.jpg
SO...in addition to the awesomeness that is the Erin Condren Life planner (www.erincondren.com) I use "The Well Planned Day" homeschool planner, available at www.hedua.com:
Displaying 20140201_103948.jpg

When I last taught public school, I was used to planning for 6 sections of the same subject.  I posted my plans to my website so that parents were able to view them and that was it.  When I began homeschooling, I had to revert back to my days of teaching Elementary Special Ed., and had to plan an entire day, of different subjects, activities, "specials" and field trips. I needed a lesson planner that would help me make that transition. THIS was the planner for me.  ( I have 4 different ones. This is the one that stuck and made most sense to my brain)
Displaying 20140201_104222.jpg
complete with attendance charts and grade grids as well!
Displaying 20140201_104415.jpgDisplaying 20140201_104439.jpg
Pretty awesome. It has kept us on track, and I simply cross off a task when it is completed!
How do I merge the 2?  Well...I just do. That is one part of my brain that I can't narrate.

There is no magic equation to surviving a day of a stay at home mom, farmers wife,  homeschool teacher, bible study leader, children's minister, drama ministry director, all around super cool chick. ;-)  All I can do is plan the best that I can and offer the rest up to the Ultimate Planner. He has it all worked out anyway. Right?

Check out both planners on line.  I do believe that there are some deals right now for both. Have a BLESSED DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment