Monday, February 3, 2014

Triple Dipple Cheerios!



So, the cherubs emerged from quiet time STARVING!  My usual offering of an apple. tangerine or banana wasn't gonna cut it today. SO...I had to get creative.  THIS is my creation:
2 C cheerios
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp of cinnamon
chocolate sauce
sprinkles

Seriously, that's it.

I melted the PB, dumped in the cheerios, honey and cinnamon, mixed it up and dumped into a bowl. swirled on some chocolate sauce, shot on a few sprinkles and VOILA! TRIPLE DIPPLE CHEERIOS! {Jackson named it. The cheerios are TRIPLE dipped- peanut butter, honey and chocolate}

After I served this up to the boys,  they raved:

"Mom,  will you make this every day?"- Philip
"Mom, I need to have this for dessert too"- Jackson
"mamamamamamama! aaaaaayyyyyeeeeee!"- Levi

I made a little bowly for myself.  Un Flipping REAL this is.  It's like Butterfinger meets Reeses Cup! Seriously, DREAMY.
Best part...and I'm horrible at these calculations due to serving size measurements etc...but, I'm pretty sure that a whole bowl of this awesomeness is like 95 calories. [I calculated 381 calories for the WHOLE batch and divided it by 4]

THIS snack is WORTH making again.  Now...go make some!

No comments:

Post a Comment