Thursday, April 17, 2014

Do you remember when...

This week, I spent a majority of my time remembering EXACTLY what I was doing when I went in to labor with The Dude, what I was doing at hour 10...hour 20...hour 28...His 1st cry...first snuggle...His smell. I remember it all. I LOVE that I can remember it. How could I ever forget? It has "only" been 6 years. (Only. Where have the years gone?) But, seriously, only 6 years. What will I remember at year 20? Year 40? Maybe I should write it all down?

This week is special for more reasons than just the anniversary of my first born coming into this crazy world.  It is Holy Week.

Do you remember? If not...it's written down! Right there in your Bible.

At sundown, I was imagining the disciples reclining around the table, our Savior washing their feet,  knowing one of them was to betray Him.

Now, at 9pm, do you think He had gone to the garden yet? Was the betrayal close?

I find myself thinking about these events, as if I were there watching. As if I could help Him somehow, as if they had happened merely...6 years ago...not over 2000 years.

This man, this Son of our God, has embarked on a journey to end all journeys.  The road to Calvary is the most significant journey of our world history, and yet, we, benefit from the outcome every single day our lives.

Do you remember? If not, pick up your Bible and travel back 2000 years. Absorb the text. Pray on its depth.  Be thankful.

Enjoy this video as you remember.

Were You There (feat. Russ Taff)~Selah: http://youtu.be/EfNlmefplsQ

{beBlessed} and have GREAT night.

No comments:

Post a Comment