Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Another suitcase in another hall...

I am SO excited about the next {BeBlessed} Women's Ministry retreat that I have been working on. I find so much joy in studying scripture,  structuring and sharing with women.  It gives me a feeling of wholeness...as if I was CREATED to do it. Maybe I was?
That is the focus of this particular retreat. Spiritual gifts.
What are they? How do you recognize them? How do you use them?
HOW did I get here? Not a a loaded question in the existential respect, but loaded in its concrete answer.
1. I was raised in a close knit Italian Catholic family
2. I have a degree in Musical Theatre Performance
3. I have a graduate degree in Education.
4. I have always been a writer.
5. I took a personal goal of reading the Bible, in its entirety, to the next level, by leaving the denomination I was raised in and confirming my Faith in another.
6. I homeschool my children
7. My husband and I are best friends, study the Bible together and worship and pray together.
Now....looking at the 7 statements above, one might think that one has nothing to do with the other...or why I believe that God grooms us to do...what HE wants us to do.
Still with me? I'll break it down...
Ok... My awesome family taught me the importance of attending church as a family and how a congregation of similar beliefs can guide and encourage each other. Performing and teaching are skills necessary to be an effective speaker. Reading the Bible in its entirety, forming my own conclusions and beliefs,  along with the ability to write this information down, in a clear and concise manner, aids in the creation of retreat materials. Being a servant to the Lord fuels my soul. Lastly, having an awesome partner while spending my days home with my kids is the icing on my cake.
I believe that God perfectly crafted these seemingly random aspects of my life as stepping stones of the path of my future.
Looking back on the last 36 years, I remember so many moments that have pointed me towards this current season of my life. I didn't always listen or follow the call or the pull. ..but hey..I am human.
Knowing, Christ, the way that I do now...is such a light in my life. Knowing what HE wants me to do - as I walk this earth, is an amazing feeling.
If you would like to see what you are called to do...send me an email, contact me via Facebook etc. Register for my Saturday Women's retreat on May 3rd here in Upstate NY.
Or, book your own retreat! I can come to your church!
{beBlessed} and Have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Dani!! I'm super proud of you. Talk about courage!!

    ReplyDelete