Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Reason...



"...Give the Easter lily a reason to bloom."
 I LOVE this last line of a poem written by Rachel Hackenberg. I am working through her Lenten devotional book, Writing to God; 40 days of Praying with my Pen. While reading today's devotion, I found myself reading this line over and over.  GIVE the Easter lily a REASON to bloom.  That is powerful stuff!

GIVE and REASON. These 2 words stood out to me.
GIVE= GIFT
REASON= WHY
If we look at the 2 synonyms of the words that Rachel used in her poem. We can deduce the following question, WHY do we receive a GIFT?
There are many reasons. Birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, accomplishments...however, the root of the reason is LOVE.  We receive gifts from people who LOVE us.

I give you every seed bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.-  Genesis 1:29

My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.-  Exodus 33:14

And let this gift, which your servant has brought to you my lord, be given to the men who follow you. -  
1 Samuel 25:27

But each man has his own gift from God... - 
1 Corinthians 7:7

For it is by grace you have been saved, through Faith- and this is not from yourselves, it is the Gift of God. - Ephesians 2:8

God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.-  
John 3:16

The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and GAVE himself for me.- Galatians 2:20b

WOW.  I do believe that GOD loves us pretty darn much!



I'm going to get an Easter Lily. Every time I look at it, I will be reminded of how much God loves me and that he GAVE this flower a REASON to bloom.
Amen

{beBlessed} and have a GREAT Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment